- 2 1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup A.P. flour
- Zest of 1 lemons + juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon chopped thyme
- Chopped chives for garnish (Optional)
Lemon Crème Fraiche
- 1 pint crème fraiche
- 1/2 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- Zest + juice of 1 lemon
- S+P to taste
Combine all potato cake ingredients and form into small, 1 ½ inch (or larger depending on desired size) patties. Cook immediately or freeze individually. To cook, preheat a skillet over medium high heat. Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in the pan and add potato cake(s). Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden.
To make the sauce, combine all ingredients and season to taste. Top cooked potato cake with thinly sliced smoked salmon and a dollop of lemon crème fraiche.
Garnish with chives (Optional)