Wok Fried Rice
Fried Rice has never been so easy! With Wolf's Wok rangetop burner, you're cooking with a very high heat making it easy to complete in a matter of minutes.
PREP TIME: 10 Minutes
COOK TIME: 5 Minutes
YIELD: 4 Servings
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- ½ cup diced carrots
- ½ cup peas
- ½ cup sliced scallion
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Method of Preparation
- Turn on your Wok burner to begin heating your pan. Drizzle the canola oil down the sides of the pan.
- Add ¼ cup of the scallions to the oil and let cook for 30 seconds to 1 minutes. Add the carrots and let cook for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before adding the peas. Once the peas have been cooking for another 30 seconds to 1 minute, add the eggs and scramble them while scraping the pan to stop them from burning.
- Once the eggs are thoroughly cooked, add the rice. Using a spatula, combine the vegetables and rice while breaking up any of the larger clumps of rice.
- Once everything is thoroughly incorporated into the rice, you can add the soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Mix to incorporate.
- Turn off the heat and add the sesame oil. Mix to incorporate.
- Garnish with the remainder of the sliced scallion, serve, and enjoy!
– Soy sauce is high in sodium. Little to no salt is needed in this recipe because of the saltiness of the soy sauce.
– Sesame oil burns easily, and its flavor diminishes with heat. Be sure to turn off your wok burner before adding the sesame oil to preserve its flavor.
– We recommend canola oil because of its high smoke point. Avocado, grapeseed, and peanut oil also have high smoke points and can be used for wok cooking. Butter and olive oil have lower smoke points and can burn while wok cooking.
– If you wanted to make this dish with a protein like chicken, shrimp, pork, or beef, you would start with the protein. Cook the meat until it is just right and remove it from the pan before you continue cooking the scallions and the rest of the ingredients. The protein would be added back to the fried rice before the sesame oil addition.