Warm Farro and Butternut Squash Salad
Who said salads are just for warm weather? This warm farro salad is full of flavor and is perfect for chilly weather. Try out this hearty and healthy salad with a bright acidic dressing.
PREP TIME: 30
COOK TIME: 30
YIELD: 6 Servings
1 ½ Cups Farro
1 Butternut Squash
3 Cups Vegetable Stock
½ Cup Feta
¼ Cup Pomegranate Seeds
¼ Cup Mint
3 Cloves Garlic
1 Cup Olive Oil
1/3 Cup Sweet Italian White Vinegar
1 tsp Fennel Seed
½ tsp Caraway Seeds
½ tsp Ground Sage
Salt and Pepper To Taste
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your Convection Steam Oven to 210° on the Steam Mode.
- In a fine mesh strainer, rinse the farro under cold water for 2 minutes. Place in a non-perforated baking dish and cover with the vegetable stock. Place in the Convection Steam Oven and let cook for 35 minutes.
- Dice the butternut squash to desired size, place on a perforated pan and place in the Convection Steam Oven. Let bake for 10-15 minutes depending on the size.
- In your Wolf Gourmet Blender add the shallot, garlic, dry herbs, and vinegar. Blend for 15 seconds. Slowly pour in olive oil while the blender is running on low. Season with salt and pepper.
- Once the farro and squash are cooked, heat half of the dressing in a large pan. Add the farro and squash and gently stir. Add half of the feta cheese, pomegranate seeds and mint, saving the rest for garnish.
- Garnish with the remaining feta, pomegranate, mint, and dressing. Serve and enjoy!