Vegetable Lo Mein
Trust us when we say this dish is better than your Chinese takeout with three simple words: quick, easy, and delicious.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 10 minutes
YIELD: 6 servings
Stir Fry Sauce
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp sweet soy sauce
1 tbsp mirin
1 tbsp black vinegar
1 package lo mein, egg noodles
1 red pepper, julienne
1 carrot, julienne
1 bunch, scallions, julienne, green and white separated
½ head broccoli, sliced thinly
2 heads bok choy, sliced thinly
2 cups mixed mushrooms, sliced thinly
6 leaves nappa cabbage, sliced thinly
1 cup snow peas
¼ cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp sesame oil
To taste salt and pepper
To garnish cilantro leaves
Method of Preparation
- Follow instructions on lo mein packaging using your Wolf Range, Cooktop, or Induction. Shock with ice cold water. Once shocked, pat noodles as dry as possible.
- Using a small bowl, whisk stir fry sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
- Preheat Wolf Teppanyaki on high heat.
- Drizzle one tablespoon of vegetable oil and sesame oil on surface.
- Place red pepper, carrot, white scallion, broccoli, bok choy, mushroom on teppanyaki. Cook for 3-5 minutes and season with salt and pepper; stirring vegetables frequently.
- Place noodles, nappa cabbage, snow peas, green scallions, and sauce onto surface. Drop heat to a medium high and cook for about 2 minutes, or once sauce has thickened.
- Garnish lo mein and serve immediately.
*Chef Tip* Protein or poultry can be added to this Lo Mein dish using the Wolf Charbroiler or Probe in your Wolf Oven!