Truffle Oyster Rockefeller
Summer and seafood go together as good as anything. But just in case you needed another reason to enjoy some delicious seafood on a hot summer day, National Oyster Day is just what you’re looking for!
PREP TIME: 20mins
COOK TIME: 10mins
YIELD: 12 oysters
- 12 oysters
- 5 oz fresh spinach
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 medium shallots minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- ½ cup truffle cheddar cheese or Moliterno al Tartufo or Romano
- ½ lemon zest and juice
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
Method of Preparation
1. In a large pan on your Wolf Cooktop or Range sauté shallots in butter and oil until translucent. Once shallots start to release their moisture add garlic and crushed red pepper.
2. Once garlic is fragrant (about two mins) add spinach and cook until spinach just starts to wilt. Remove from heat and add lemon juice, zest and cheese and mix until combined.
3. Shuck oysters leaving them on the half shell. If you have difficulty shucking, you can lightly steam oysters on your cooktop or in your Wolf Convection Steam Oven for about 4 minutes or until they slightly pop open to help easily remove the top half of the shell.
4. Place a tablespoon of the spinach mixture on each oyster and top with cheese.
5. Broil on high in your Wolf E or M Series oven for 6 minutes or until bubbly and golden. Serve hot and enjoy!