With National Coffee Day just around the corner, we have put our Wolf Coffee System to good use. This tiramisu recipe uses espresso right from the Wolf Coffee System and is the perfect sweet treat to pair with any of your coffee beverages.
Prep Time: 45 Minutes
Cook Time: 4 Hours
Yield: 9 Servings
- 12 ounces mascarpone
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 ¾ cups espresso
- 2 tablespoons rum, cognac, or coffee liquor
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- About 40 lady finger cookies
- Using your Wolf Coffee System, begin brewing double shots of espresso. Use the button to set the strength of the espresso to Extra Strong. Use the button to select Espresso out of your beverage options. And finally, press to begin brewing two espressos. You will want to do this process a total of 7 times to make the amount of espresso needed for the tiramisu.
- Add the heavy cream, vanilla extract, and ¼ cup of the sugar to the Wolf Gourmet Stand Mixer with the whisk attachment. Whisk on level 7 until you have a firm whipped cream, be careful not to over whip the cream or else you will begin to make butter. Add the mascarpone and whisk to incorporate.
- In a glass bowl, add the egg yolks and the remaining ¼ cup of sugar and begin whisking by hand until the egg yolks have doubled in size and are a pale yellow color. Add the egg yolks to the mascarpone mixture and whisk until combined.
- Once all the espresso is brewed, add the liquor to the espresso. Now were ready to build the tiramisu!
- In a 9 by 9 square baking dish lined with parchment paper, begin your first layer by dipping your ladyfingers in the espresso, and placing them side by side in the dish. Avoid soaking the ladyfingers in the espresso excessively or else they will become too soggy to work with. It is okay to have small gaps between your ladyfingers but fill any larger gaps with broken cookies.
- Once the first layer of ladyfingers is finished, begin adding about ½ of the mascarpone mixture right on top, using an offset spatula to push the mascarpone into the corners and leveling it all out.
- Then, add another layer of espresso dipped ladyfingers to create the second layer of cookies. Add the remainder of the mascarpone on top, trying to make the surface as smooth as possible.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and place in your Sub-Zero refrigerator for four hours, or overnight. After it sets in the fridge, garnish the tiramisu by using a mesh strainer to dust the top of the tiramisu with the cocoa powder.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy with your favorite coffee beverage.