Sometimes it’s challenging to achieve a crispy chicken skin when roasting an entire chicken. We took the guess work out of your Rosh Hashana chicken this year to ensure you get a crispy, flavorful skin that everyone will devour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 45-50 minutes
Yield: 1 whole chicken
- 1 whole chicken under 12lbs
- 6 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of cracked black pepper
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter, melted
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat your Dual Fuel oven to 425 degrees on the Convection Roast mode.
- Rinse and pat dry your chicken with paper towels.
- Carefully create a pocket between the skin and meat of the chicken without tearing the skin. Spread your minced garlic in that space and massage the skin into the meat to spread evenly.
- Coat the chicken in melted butter, followed by salt and pepper.
- Tuck the wings under themselves and tie up the drumsticks for an even browning.
- Insert your probe into the thickest piece of meat and place in your Dual Fuel oven. Set your probe temperature to 170 degrees.
- Once your probe temperature reaches 145 degrees, adjust your oven temperature to 475 degrees.
- Let your chicken rest for at least 15 minutes once it is done cooking.
- Slice and serve and enjoy!