Jazz up dinner this week with Tex-Mex Meatloaf! All the comfort of a meatloaf with all flavors of a Mexican fiesta! Using Gourmet mode in your Wolf M-series oven makes this recipe a breeze!
- 2 lbs. 80/20 ground beef
- 2 Poblano peppers
- 1 bell red pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 small diced onion
- 1 tbsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp. ancho chili powder
- 1 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 1 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. canned chipotle
- First step is to roast the poblanos. Either on your charbroiler, grill, gas range top, gas cooktop or in your M or E series oven on broil, cook poblanos skins till charred and blistered. Once charred, place in a bowel covered in plastic wrap which will help skin remove from peeper more easily latter on.
- Next, sauté bell peppers, celery and onion in oil until translucent. Once translucent, add smoked paprika, cayenne, cumin and chili powder and cook for an additional minute. Set mixture aside until cooled.
- While filling is being cooled, remove stem, skin and seeds from poblanos and finely dice.
- Add cooled filling, diced poblanos, eggs, cheese, ground beef and breadcrumbs into a large mixing bowl and mix until just combined.
- In a small bowl, mix all ingredients for glaze till combined.
- Line a sheet tray with parchment that’s been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray and form your meatloaf in the center of the tray.
- Once loaf is formed, using a pastry brush, baste glaze on top of meatloaf.
- (M-series Oven) Place Probe through side of meatloaf into the center. Choose gourmet>meat>beef>meatloaf and hit start. For a moister meatloaf, change probe temperature to 155F.
- (E- Series) Choose Convection Roast and set at 325F. Insert meatloaf into your pre-heated oven with probe set to 155F.
Remove from oven, garnish with diced cilantro and enjoy!