These tequila lime shrimp are great on their own as a daytime snack or while you’re celebrating National Tequila Day! They can also be used to make the best shrimp tacos or even served with rice and some veggies for a complete meal.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yields: 4 servings
- 1-pound of 8/10 count peeled and deveined shrimp raw
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 2 ounces tequila
- 4 limes, 2 of them zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- First, sprinkle the shrimp evenly with salt and pepper and set aside.
- In a large cast iron pan on your Wolf Cooktop or Range on medium-high heat add oil to pan. Cook shrimp 1 min on each side.
- Next, add in garlic until it becomes warm and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Making sure not to burn the garlic.
- Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Turn off heat and stir in the tequila and flambé.
- Once flames subside use a wooden spoon to deglaze any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Return the cooked shrimp along with lime juice and zest and bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
- Add butter and cilantro last and mix until butter is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!