These tequila lime shrimp are great on their own as a daytime snack or while you’re celebrating National Tequila Day! They can also be used to make the best shrimp tacos or even served with rice and some veggies for a complete meal.
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Yields: 4 servings
- 1-pound of 8/10 count peeled and deveined shrimp raw
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic grated
- 2 ounces tequila
- 4 limes, 2 of them zested
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
- Salt and Pepper to taste
1. First, sprinkle the shrimp evenly with salt and pepper and set aside.
2. In a large cast iron pan on your Wolf Cooktop or Range on medium-high heat add oil to pan. Cook shrimp 1 min on each side.
3. Next, add in garlic until it becomes warm and fragrant, about 30 seconds. Making sure not to burn the garlic.
4. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
5. Turn off heat and stir in the tequila and flambé.
6. Once flames subside use a wooden spoon to deglaze any browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
7. Return the cooked shrimp along with lime juice and zest and bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes until shrimp are cooked through.
8. Add butter and cilantro last and mix until butter is melted.
9. Season with salt and pepper and enjoy!