Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon
This Sweet and Spicy Glazed Salmon is restaurant quality and will be on your table in under 25 minutes! Serve with rice and vegetables to round out this wholesome meal that even non-fish eaters will enjoy.
PREP TIME: 5mins
COOK TIME: 20mins
YIELD: 4 servings
- 4 (4oz) skinless salmon filets
- 6 tbs of a high smoke temp oil (such as grapeseed oil, avocado oil, canola oil, or vegetable oil)
- 2 tbs of preserve, jam or jelly (apricot, sweet pepper, peach)
- 1 tbs apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat Wolf M or E series oven to 375 degrees on Convection Roast.
2. In a small pot, combine all the glaze ingredients and heat on medium low heat. You can also heat glaze in a small bowl in you Wolf Microwave until heated and combined about 2-3 mins.
3. Preheat a large non-stick pan or a well-seasoned cast-iron pan on medium high heat. Season fish with salt and pepper and add 3 tbs of the oil into pan.
4. Sear two of the fillets at a time on both sides for about 3 minutes on each side, making sure to place flesh side down. You will know when to flip as you can start to see a golden edge on salmon. Place the filets on a sheet tray sprayed with non-stick spray. Repeat with other two salmon filets.
5. Brush Glaze on each filet and place in oven for 10 mins. Brush any remaining glaze halfway through the cooking process.
6. Remove from oven and enjoy!
When searing fish, use a fish spatula if handy. This helps prevent tearing the fish when flipping it to the other side.