These sweet potatoes steamed in our Convection Steam Oven is the perfect base to a fall stuffing. Pears, pancetta and dried cranberries are the perfect topping for this Fall inspired side dish.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yields: 8 Servings
- 4 Sweet Potatoes
- 4 Bartlett Pears
- ½ Lb Pancetta
- ¼ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ Cup Crushed Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Tbs Butter
- 1/3 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbs Thyme
- Salt and Pepper To Taste
- Preheat your Convection Steam Oven to 210° on the steam mode. Place the sweet potatoes on a perforated pan and steam for about 20 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Dice the pancetta and cook on your Induction Cooktop or Gas Cooktop on medium high heat until crispy. Remove most of the pancetta grease from the pan, leaving the pancetta.
- Dice the pears and add to the pancetta. Cook for 3 minutes, then add the butter, brown sugar, thyme, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Cut the sweet potatoes in half lengthwise, and top with the pear and pancetta mixture.
- Garnish with the dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds. Serve and enjoy!