Take full advantage of rhubarb’s short season and make this deliciously sweet and tart pie! Wolf M Series’ Gourmet “Pie” Mode will ensure your pie comes out picture perfect every time.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Yield: 1 pie
- 2 packages of pie crust (we use “Wewalka” brand)
- 2 ½ cups chopped rhubarb
- 2 ½ cups chopped strawberries
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons minute tapioca or cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, small cubes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat your M Series oven to 350 degrees on convection bake mode.
- Grease your pie pan or round pyrex with butter and roll out one of your pie crusts over to make the bottom crust. Poke a couple holes in the bottom of your crust with a fork and place a sheet of parchment over it. Pour in baking beans and blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Let your partially cooked pie crust cool completely.
- Go to Gourmet on your M Series and select “Baked Goods”, then “Pie”. Follow the instructions given to you by the oven once your pie is prepared.
- Combine chopped rhubarb, strawberries, sugar, tapioca, flour, zest, juice, cinnamon, and vanilla in a bowl. Stir to combine and coat all the fruit. Pour into your partially baked pie crust and top with your cubes of butter. Cover with the other rolled out pie crust and crimp to seal the edges. Score 4, 2-inch slits, in the center of your pie and brush with egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Place in your preheated oven. When done, let cool and set for at least 2 hours before slicing.
- Place a piece of foil under your pie in the oven to avoid any dripping of the filling from baking onto your oven rack or floor. Placing a sheet tray underneath your pie in the oven may affect the crispiness of your bottom crust.