Strawberry and rhubarb are summer’s best friends. These two fruits baked together with a generous oat topping will have people in awe. And to top off this tangy filling, a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream.
Serving Size: 12 each
- 6 pints Fresh strawberries
- 4 cups Fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 ½ cups All-purpose flour
- ¾ cup Sugar, granulated
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cup Old-fashioned oats
- ½ lb (2 sticks) Butter, unsalted, cold, diced
- Preheat oven to 350°F on Convection mode. Line a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Preparation for strawberries: cut large strawberries in half and smaller strawberries in quarters.
- Place strawberries and mixed-in rhubarb in a 9 by 13 inch baking dish. Toss fruit with granulated sugar (as needed) until just coated. (*TIP*)
- Toss dry ingredients in a large bowl with cold diced butter. Top fruit mixture with oat mixture.
- Place the baking dish onto lined sheet tray and bake in oven for about 50 minutes to an hour, or until top is brown and the fruit is bubbling on edges.
- Serve warm with a scoop a vanilla ice cream, if preferred.
(*TIP*) Coat strawberry and rhubarb until just coated with sugar. Too much sugar makes fruit too soggy and increases the liquid amount in baking dish.