These sweet Maine lobsters are accompanied by exclusively steamed ingredients. Petite potatoes, sweet corn, mussels and clams go hand in hand with perfectly steamed lobster.
- 4 Lobsters
- 1 lb Petite Potatoes
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 1 lb of Mussels
- 1 lb of Clams
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Sticks of Butter
Method of Preparation
- Heat your convection steam oven to 210° on the steam mode.
- Remove the husks from the corn and steam for 6-8 minute.
- Steam the petite potatoes for 15-20 minutes depending on the size. They will be fork tender when they are ready.
- Arrange the mussels and clams on a perforated pan and steam until they open, about 5 minutes.
- Place the butter in a heat safe dish and steam until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Place the lobsters on a perforated pan and steam them two at a time, for 10-20 minutes. Smaller 1 pound lobsters only need 10 minutes in the steam oven, and the time increases with the size.
- Slice lemons into wedges, or juice into small ramekins for dipping.
For other more traditional ways to cook lobsters, check out these suggestions from our friends at Lobster Anywhere.
You can freeze you lobsters ahead of time for 15 minutes, which will cause them to go into a permanent slumber before cooking them.
Place a non-perforated pan underneath the lobsters to catch the drippings. This will help keep your steam oven clean and will also give you a delicious lobster broth.