These sweet Maine lobsters are accompanied by exclusively steamed ingredients. Petite potatoes, sweet corn, mussels and clams go hand in hand with perfectly steamed lobster.
- 4 Lobsters
- 1 lb Petite Potatoes
- 4 Ears of Corn
- 1 lb of Mussels
- 1 lb of Clams
- 2 Lemons
- 2 Sticks of Butter
- Heat your convection steam oven to 210° on the steam mode.
- Remove the husks from the corn and steam for 6-8 minute.
- Steam the petite potatoes for 15-20 minutes depending on the size. They will be fork tender when they are ready.
- Arrange the mussels and clams on a perforated pan and steam until they open, about 5 minutes.
- Place the butter in a heat safe dish and steam until melted, about 5 minutes.
- Place the lobsters on a perforated pan and steam them two at a time, for 10-20 minutes. Smaller 1 pound lobsters only need 10 minutes in the steam oven, and the time increases with the size.
- Slice lemons into wedges, or juice into small ramekins for dipping.
You can freeze you lobsters ahead of time for 15 minutes, which will cause them to go into a permanent slumber before cooking them.
Place a non-perforated pan underneath the lobsters to catch the drippings. This will help keep your steam oven clean and will also give you a delicious lobster broth.