Spinach Artichoke Dip
Looking for that go to dip that everyone will enjoy? Look no Further! This Spinach Artichoke Dip can feed a crowd whether its game day or just a friendly get together. I like to make this recipe in advanced and only have to heat it up for serving the day I need it. Less time in the kitchen and more time with your family and friends.
PREP TIME: 35 mins
YIELD: Serves 10-15
8 oz cup low moisture mozzarella ¼ cup reserved for topping
8 oz cream cheese softened at room temperature
1 cup mayonnaise
1 lemon Zest and Juice
1 bag of Spinach fresh
2 large shallots
4 cloves garlic minced
¼ tsp crushed Red Pepper Flake
1 tsp Dijon mustard
¼ garlic powder
1 12oz can artichokes
¼ cup dry white wine
1 large bread bowl (optional)
Crackers and/or crostini for dipping
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat your oven to 350 on Convection
2. In a medium sized sauté pan on medium heat add two tbs of olive oil. Sauté garlic and shallots until shallots are translucent and garlic is aromatic.
3. Next add crushed red pepper and wine. When the wine is almost evaporated add spinach and toss together until wilted. (less than 5 mins) Add lemon zest and juice.
4. After strain the mixture discarding any leftover liquid and place in large bowl.
5. Add the rest of the ingredients except reserved cheese for topping. Mix well together using a hand mixer, stand mixer or a rubber spatula and some elbow grease. If making inside a bread bowl I like to heat the mixture in a medium pot on medium heat before I put it in the oven, so the bread won’t get too crusty. If serving in a casserole dish skip that step.
6. Place in oven for 15-20 mins. Until topping is brown and crispy. Serve warm with crackers, crostini, or vegetables!