This simple recipe can be made out of things you would normally have right in your pantry and refrigerator. This recipe is also one you can easily customize to make your own! You can add different hot sauces, or even change the juices you use. Don’t like heat? You can leave it out for a good classic sweet and sour sauce. This recipe is perfect for eggrolls, spring rolls, rice bowls, or whatever else you can think of!
Yields: 1 ½ Cups
Cook Time: 10 mins +1 hours to cool
1 cup of mango juice, pineapple juice, or orange juice
1 ½ tsp of chili sambal or siracha
1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup ketchup
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch or arrowroot
2 tablespoons water
1. Add all the ingredients into a small pot except cornstarch and the 2 tbs of water.
2. Bring the pot to a simmer and mix until sugar is fully dissolved.
3. In a separate small bowl mix cornstarch and 2 tbs of water until fully combined.
4. Bring the pot to a boil and add cornstarch and water mixture mixing until thickened.
5. Place in bowl and cool. Once cooled enjoy!