Soft Pretzels with Beer Cheese Sauce
We’ve added a beer cheese sauce to our classic Convection Steam Oven Pretzels recipe. Perfect for the Super Bowl, as a snack, or as a hearty side to any meal.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 30 minutes
YIELD: 2 cups of dip
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup milk
- ⅔ cup beer
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups sharp cheddar shredded
- 1 cup gruyere or swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 can chopped green chilis
Method of Preparation
- Follow soft pretzels recipe.
- Melt the butter in the pan and add the flour and seasonings. Stir thoroughly.
- Add the milk and beer in additions of thirds, making sure each addition is fully combined and brought back to a simmer before adding more.
- Then add the mustard, Worcestershire sauce and green chilis.
- Finally, add the cheeses and mix until thoroughly combined.