Spice up your normal pasta dish with a nice Fra Diavolo sauce and some great fresh seafood. Try adding some more crushed red pepper if you really like some heat in your meal!
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 35 Minutes
Yield: 4-6 Servings
- 4 tablespoons of grapeseed oil
- 12 little neck clams
- 12 oysters
- 1 pound of 10/12 count shrimp peeled and deveined
- 4 large lobster tails
- 1 pound of sea scallops
- 1 cup of dry white wine
- 1 pound of linguini
- 1 28oz can of crushed tomatoes
- 5 gloves of garlic minced
- 2 shallots minced
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- On your Wolf Induction Cooktop or Range, place a large pot of water and bring to a boil. Season the water with salt.
- While the pot is coming to a boil, place a large pan on your range top and heat over medium high heat. Season your scallops and shrimp with salt and pepper. Add 3 tablespoons of oil to the pan and then sear your scallops and shrimp on each side for 2-3 minutes. Remove the scallops and shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil to the pan and begin sautéing the garlic and shallots until fragrant and slightly translucent. Then add the crushed red peppers and wine, while scrapping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon to remove the fond (tasty bits) from the bottom of the pan. Let simmer until reduced by half, and then add the crushed tomatoes and tomato paste. Continue to simmer while you cook your pasta.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and cook until al dente.
- Add the oysters, clams, and lobster tails to the sauce. Cover and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until all the clams have opened.
- Add the scallops, shrimp, and pasta to the sauce, stir to combine, and garnish with the chopped basil and parsley.