Roasted Tomato Salsa
This is no ordinary salsa! Fresh tomatoes, onion and garlic are broiled to create depth of flavors that you can’t get in a jar of store-bought salsa. Use your Wolf blender to make this salsa chunky or smooth depending on your preference.
COOK TIME: 45 minutes (20 minutes active cook time)
YIELD: Approximately 4 cups
- 4 large plum tomatoes
- 3 Jalapeños
- 1 large red onion
- 6 garlic cloves
- ½ cup cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 large/2 small limes
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & Pepper
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your Wolf Oven to Broil Mode High.
- Cut two plum tomatoes into quarters and cut the remaining two into small dices.
- Cut the red onion in half. Cut one half into two large chunks and small dice the other half.
- Toss the plum tomato quarters, chunky red onion, and garlic cloves in the olive oil with salt and pepper. Lay this mixture out on a tinfoil-lined sheet tray and broil 5 minutes.
- Toss with a spatula and broil 5 more minutes. Remove from oven and let mixture cool.
- Remove seeds from jalapeños and dice fine.
- Add your broiled vegetables to your Wolf blender with lime juice and cilantro and puree.
- Add your diced tomatoes, red onion and jalapeños to your puree. Pulse a few times to desired consistency.
- Season liberally with salt (about 1 tbsp.) and pepper.
Let the salsa cool to room temperature, serve with freshly fried tortilla chips and enjoy!