Pumpkin Shaped Artisan Loaf
This festive bread is easy to make and even uses the recipe right out of your Convection Steam Oven Cookbook! The expert tested recipe is baked to perfection using the Auto Steam Bake Mode and will be a great addition to your table this holiday season.
PREP TIME: 75 minutes
COOK TIME: 45 minutes
YIELD: 1 loaf
- 3 ⅔ cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 cinnamon stick
Method of Preparation
- Preheat the Wolf Convection Steam Oven to 90° on the Convection mode.
- In a Wolf Gourmet Stand Mixer, combine all ingredients minus the cinnamon stick and attach the dough hook. Begin mixing on level 5 or a medium speed for about 5 minutes. Dough should no longer be sticking to the sides of the bowl. Add one tablespoon of flour if the dough is still sticking to the sides of the bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a damp rag for 15 minutes.
- After the dough has rested for 15 minutes, continue mixing for 5 minutes on level 5 or a medium speed. After 5 minutes, transfer the dough to a greased bowl and cover with a damp towel.
- Proof in the Convection Steam Oven for 20 minutes or until it has doubled in size. Gently transfer the dough into a greased and flour bowl, and proof for another 30 minutes.
- While the dough is proofing, cut 4 strings of butcher’s twine, each 2 feet in length. Lightly coat the twine in flour.
- When the second proof is complete, cross the butchers twine over the top of the dough then cover with parchment paper and the non-perforated tray. Carefully flip the tray and bowl to release the dough out of the bowl onto the butcher’s twine and tray.
- Begin tying opposite ends of the butcher’s twine together at the top of the loaf, where the pumpkin stem would be. Using a bread lame or sharp knife, make three diagonal scores between the butcher’s twine, alternating the direction between each twine.
- Place the tray in the Wolf Convection Steam Oven and select the More button, then select the Auto Steam Bake mode to expertly cook the loaf.
- After 45 minutes, the loaf should be a dark golden brown with a well developed crust. Remove from the oven.
- Once it has cooled, cut away the butcher’s twine. At the top of the loaf, add a cinnamon stick stem to complete the look.