- 1 Sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh chives, plus more for topping
- 12 ounces assorted small heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 2 lb. plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup of sugar
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs. grated ginger
- 1 Tbs. salt
- Pinch of cinnamon
Preheat oven to Convection Bake for 375°. Unfold the puff pastry onto a floured piece of parchment paper and toll out into a 9-by11-inch rectangle. Score ½ inch in from the edge, all way around, using a paring knife. Slide the pastry (on parchment) onto a baking sheet. Poke the middle all over with a fork, then bake until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack and let cool completely.
Meanwhile, combine cream cheese, sour cream, lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, ½ tsp salt, and pepper to taste in a large bowl and beat with a mixer on medium speed until smooth; stir in chives. Spread evenly over the cooled crust. Arrange the tomatoes on top; season with salt and pepper, add a dollop of Tomato jam* and sprinkle with more chives and basil.
For Tomato Jam:
Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and gently simmer for about 45 minutes, or until a jam like consistency is reached.