This recipe is an easy spin on the classic deviled-egg. The recipe can be easily doubled and can feed a crowd with little effort. Using your Convection Steam Oven, you can fit up to 6 dozen eggs at a time! Whether feeding a crowd or just a few people this recipe will definitely impress.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 lb. prosciutto
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimientos, drained well and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, finely chopped
- 3 tsp. yellow mustard
- Pre-heat your Wolf Oven to Convection at 375˚F.
- While oven is preheating, place eggs in Convection Steam Oven on a tray. (If you have cardboard egg containers there is no need to take the eggs out of container. You can place the whole container inside!) Select Gourmet then go to eggs, choose “hard boiled” and hit start.
- Lay out prosciutto on greased sheet tray with parchment paper and place in the 375˚F oven on convection for 15-25 minutes until crispy.
- Once eggs are done place in an ice bath until cool enough to handle and peel. After eggs are all peeled, slice in half removing the yolk and reserving whites, which will be filled later.
- Break prosciutto into twelve pieces saving all the leftover crumbs.
- Place the prosciutto crumbs and the rest of the ingredients with exception of sliced scallions into a mixing bowel and combine till smooth and creamy.
- Place filling in a piping bag with a star tip. If you don’t have a piping bag, a plastic gallon bag will work just as well.
- Fill each egg with filling.
- Garnish with crispy prosciutto and scallions and enjoy!