Pimento Deviled Eggs with Crispy Ham
This recipe is an easy spin on the classic deviled-egg. The recipe can be easily doubled and can feed a crowd with little effort. Using your Convection Steam Oven, you can fit up to 6 dozen eggs at a time! Whether feeding a crowd or just a few people this recipe will definitely impress.
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/4 lb. sliced prosciutto
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 jar (4 ounces) pimientos, drained well and finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 3 scallions, sliced (for garnish)
Method of Preparation
- Place eggs into the Wolf Convection Steam Oven directly onto the rack or place the whole cardboard egg containers onto the rack. Select Gourmet then Eggs, “hard boiled” then press Start.
- Preheat a Wolf Oven set to Convection at 375F. Lay out prosciutto on sheet tray lined with parchment paper and place into the oven for 15-25 minutes or until crispy.
- Once eggs are done, place in an ice bath until cool enough to handle and peel. After eggs are all peeled, slice in half and add the yolks into a mixing bowl, reserving whites to be filled.
- Break prosciutto into small pieces, saving some for garnish.
- Place the prosciutto crumbs and the rest of the ingredients except scallions into the mixing bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Place filling in a piping bag fitted with a star tip or a large ziptop gallon bag.
- Pipe filling into each egg white.
- Garnish with crispy prosciutto and scallions and enjoy!