Social media trends are taking the recipe world by storm. You may have seen similar recipes on social media, and our Clarke Chefs have adapted the recipe so it can be made easily in your Wolf Convection Oven.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 40-50 minutes
YIELD: 9-12 servings
- 1 package of thawed phyllo dough
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup milk
Honey Simple Syrup
- 1 cup honey
- ½ cup water
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat your Wolf Convection Oven to 325° on the Convection Mode.
2. Lightly grease a 2-inch-deep baking dish.
3. Taking 2 sheets of phyllo dough at a time, begin accordion folding the dough into 1 ½ inch thick strips. Once you have multiple accordioned sheets, arrange it in the bottom of your baking dish.
4. Place the baking dish in the center of your oven and bake for 10 minutes.
5. While the phyllo dough is baking, melt the butter. Once the 10 minutes is up, pour the butter all over the phyllo dough and place into the oven for another 10 minutes.
6. Combine the eggs, sugar, and milk. When the second 10 minutes is up, pour the custard mixture all over the phyllo dough. You don’t want to completely cover the phyllo, so stop adding custard while the phyllo is still poking out from the top.
7. Place the baking dish back into the oven for 15 minutes, or until the custard has fully set.
8. To make the honey simple syrup, combine the honey and water and stir to combine. Once the custard has finished baking, douse the top of the custard with about 3 tablespoons of the honey simple syrup.
9. We chose to garnish with chopped pistachios and freeze-dried strawberries for an extra crunch, but you can garnish yours with anything from nuts to fruit, even chocolate syrup!