The moisture of this cake comes from delicious fresh peaches in the creamy ricotta batter that is topped with the perfect crunchy oat crumble.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields: 10-12 Servings (1 Serving: ¾-1 inch thick slice)
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, unsalted
- 1 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- Zest of ¾ lemon
- 3 ea. eggs, large
- 1 ½ cups ricotta
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup almond flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 3 fresh peaches, diced
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ¼ cup old fashioned oats
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cold unsalted, cubed.
1. Preheat oven to 325F on Convection Mode. Using pam spray, spray a 9-inch angel food cake Bundt pan (9-inch spring form pan is an option as well).
2. For the Cake: In a medium-sized bowl, sift together all dry ingredients and set aside.
3. Using a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, and lemon zest at medium high speed until light and fluffy. Scrap sides with a rubber spatula.
4. Add eggs one at a time, scraping after each addition. Mix in ricotta until combined.
5. In two increments, gently mix in dry ingredients at low speed and remember to keep scraping sides of mixer.
6. Without overbeating, pour heavy cream into mixer. Once incorporated, pour batter into cake pan and spread evenly using an offset spatula.
7. For the Crumble: Whisk together all dry ingredients in a bowl. Add cubed butter and work it into the mixture with your hands until there is an even mealy texture.
8. Sprinkle crumble on top of cake batter. Place in oven for about 60-75 minutes or until golden brown on top and cake tester lets you know your delicious cake is done!