Start off your day with our favorite brunch option, oysters Rockefeller! Filled with a rich sauce and finished with our powerful Wolf broiler, these oysters will delight your loved ones any day of the year.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 dozen oysters
- 12 fresh oysters
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup spinach, chopped (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to broil level 2.
- In a skillet, reduce your heavy cream and lemon juice by 1/3 on medium-high heat. About 3 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add chopped spinach. Mix until wilted. Stir in 1/2 parmesan cheese.
- In a mixing bowl, combine breadcrumbs, olive oil, remaining parmesan cheese, lemon zest, salt, and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and a rack.
- Shuck your oysters. And place them carefully on the rack.
- Add a spoonful of cream and spinach to each oyster.
- Topped each oyster off with a small spoonful of your breadcrumb mixture.
- Broil for 1 ½ – 2 minutes or until the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve over slices of lemon and enjoy!
Placing your oysters in the freezer for 30 minutes prior to shucking, makes them easier to shuck! The colder, the better.