At Clarke’s we have an internship program with Johnson and Wales University and one of our interns this Spring, Micha Burnett was kind enough to share his grandmother who is better known as “Oma” recipe. It was so good we had to share it with you! This recipe tastes even better when shared with loved ones.
- 2 ½ cups self-rising flour
- ¾ cup oil
- 4 eggs at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ¾ cup orange juice
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t almond extract
- 1 T honey
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 lemons juiced
- Set oven on Bake mode and preheat to 350 F Degrees
- Mix all ingredients together in a mixing bowl and mix until well incorporated but being sure not to mix. Over mixing will make your cake dense.
- Grease a Bundt pan and dust with flour to ensure cake does not stick and knock any remaining lose flour out of the pan.
- Pour cake batter in the pan and bake for 40-50 minutes until a cake tester or toothpick comes out clean.
- For glaze measure out your sugar in a mixing bowl and slowly incorporate your lemon juice until thick but runny.
- While cake is still warm poke holes in the cake and pour half of the glaze over it to allow it to soak into the cake. (Don’t use all the glaze)
- Once the cake is completely cool flip it and pour the remaining glaze over the top.