That sweet delicious candy bacon just got an upgrade with an Asian twist! This Miso Candy Bacon will be sure to spruce up your breakfast or brunch game and will impress any crowd. This recipe is great on its own as a side, or it can be paired with many dishes and drinks like a homemade Bloody Mary or elevating that classic BLT as you celebrate International Bacon Day. The applications are endless!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Yields:1 pound of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of white miso paste
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¾ teaspoon of sriracha
- 3 tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
- 1 pound of thick cut hickory smoked bacon
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds (white and/or black)
1. Preheat your Wolf E or M series oven to Convection at 325F.
2. Place all the ingredients except the bacon and sesame seeds in small pot on your Wolf cooktop or range and bring to a simmer.
3. While the marinade is beginning to simmer, lay out the bacon strips on sheet trays lined with parchment paper or silicone mats.
4. Next, baste bacon on both sides with marinade using a basting brush.
5. Cook for 30 minutes making sure to flip bacon halfway through cooking process.
6. Once removed from oven, sprinkle sesame seeds on top and place finished bacon on a cooling rack to cool off.
7. Let cool for 20 minutes at room temperature.
8. Once cooled, enjoy!
Chef Tip: Whether cooking one tray or three, using Wolf’s Convection cooking gives you even cooking and coloring. No need to rotate trays at all!