Mint Julip Bourbon Chicken Skewers
Everybody knows Mint Julip as the drink of choice at the Kentucky Derby, but now you can get a similar flavor in an appetizer that everybody will love.
PREP TIME: 45 Minutes
COOK TIME: 10 Minutes
YIELD: 20 Skewers
1 lb Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
½ Cup Bourbon
4 Tablespoons Mint Leaves
¼ Cup Balsamic Vinegar
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Allspice
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 Cup Greek Yogurt
½ Cup Mint Leaves
1 Clove Garlic
1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
½ Teaspoon Cayenne Pepper
Also Needed: Wooden or metal skewers
Method of Preparation
1. Thinly slice the chicken breasts. In a bowl, combine the bourbon, mint, balsamic, allspice, lemon juice and zest. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Combine the marinade and chicken in a vacuum bag and using your Vacuum Seal Drawer, select Level 2 Vacuum and Level 1 Seal. If you do not have a Vacuum Sealer, combine chicken and marinade in a bowl, cover, and let marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
3. If you are using wooden skewers, soak them in water so they do not burn or char.
4. Foe the sauce mince the mint leaves and garlic. In a bowl, combine the mint, garlic, lemon juice, cayenne, and yogurt. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Preheat your Wolf Char broiler.
6. Skewer the chicken leaving 2-3 inches at one end of the skewer to make them easier to handle.
7. Place on the char broiler and cook each side for 4-5 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh mint leaves, and serve with the mint dipping sauce.