Finding satisfying vegetarian substitutes is no easy task. This quick, simple, and delicious cauliflower steak makes for a hearty, plant-based meal.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 12 – 15 Minutes
1 Large Head of Cauliflower
¼ Cup Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Red Wine Vinegar
1 Teaspoon Paprika
1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 Teaspoon Liquid Smoke
1 Tablespoon Parsley
Salt and Pepper to Taste
Method of Preparation:
- Trim off the very bottom of the cauliflower core, leaving most of the core intact and attached. Slice ½ inch off one side of the cauliflower while it is sitting on its core. Then, begin cutting 1 ½ to 2-inch-thick slices.
- Combine the olive oil, vinegar, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, liquid smoke, salt, and pepper together. Pour this into a large vacuum bag. Continue to gently put the cauliflower steaks into the bag.
- Place the bag of cauliflower in your Wolf Vacuum Seal Drawer and select Vacuum Level 3, Seal Level 3 and press start while pressing the lid shut. Once the process is complete, let the cauliflower continue to marinate another 15 minutes.
- Preheat your Wolf Char Broiler for 5-10 minutes while the cauliflower marinates. Remove the cauliflower steaks from the bag and place them onto paper towels to remove excess marinade.
- Place the steaks on the Wolf Char Broiler and let sit for 3 minutes. Rotate the steaks 90° without flipping them. After another 3 minutes, flip the steaks with a metal spatula. After 3 minutes, rotate the steaks 90° and let cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cauliflower steaks from the Wolf Char Broiler and garnish with freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve and enjoy!
– Removing the excess marinade minimizes flare ups and smoke from the Char Broiler.