Sweet, crisp and delicate, these French macarons are a perfect sweet treat for any occasion. Follow our recipe to a t, or customize them with your own flavorful twists!
PREP TIME: 45 Minutes
COOK TIME: 30 Minutes
- 1 3/4 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Almond Flour
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- ¼ Teaspoon Cream of Tartar
- ¼ Cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- Pinch of Salt
- 2-3 Drops of Food Coloring (optional)
- 3 Cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 Cup Unsalted Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Whipping Cream
- Pinch of Salt
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your M Series Oven to 300°.
- Sift the almond flour and powdered sugar into a large bowl. There may be about a tablespoon of grainy almond flour that should be discarded after sifting.
- Using the whip attachment, whip the egg whites, cream of tartar, and salt until frosty. Increase mixing speed to high and slowly add the granulated sugar. Beat until shiny and stiff peaks form.
- Gently fold the egg white mixture to the flour mixture, adding the flavoring and food coloring.
- Transfer into pastry bags with a large round tip, and pipe disk shapes onto a silicone mat lined baking tray.
- After piping, gently lift and tap the sheet tray to the countertop to release any air bubbles and bake for about 20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter until its fluffy. Then slowly add the sugar, whipping cream, and salt. Continue to mix for another 2 minutes, and transfer into a pastry bag.
- Once the macarons have cooled completely, pipe a thin layer of frosting on the flat side of one macaron, and cover with the flat side of another macaron.
- Serve and Enjoy!
This recipe can be changed to your liking! Instead of vanilla extract, you can add ½-1 teaspoon of flavoring. The buttercream can also be flavored the same way by exchanging the vanilla extract with a flavor of your liking.
Macarons can also be filled with jams! Pipe a thin, hallow circle of buttercream on the flat side of a macaron, and fill the buttercream circle with jam