Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes will be a hit when you service them to that special someone this Valentine's Day.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 5 minutes
YIELD: 8 pancakes
- 1 C Ricotta Cheese
- ¾ C Buttermilk
- 4 Eggs, separated
- 1 C Flour
- 1 t Baking Powder
- ½ t Salt
- ½ t Cinnamon
- 1 T Light Brown Sugar
- 1 t grated lemon zest
- Red Food Coloring
- Heart Shaped Cutter
- I T Oil or Butter for Cooking ( plus more butter for serving )
Method of Preparation
- Mix ricotta, milk and egg yolks in bowl until combined.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, sugar, and zest in another bowl.
- Whisk egg whites until stiff peak stage in clean, dry bowl.
- Fold wet mixture into dry mixture and mix until just combined – do not over mix. Gently fold in egg whites.
- Divide batter into 2 bowls. Color one bowl with a few drops of red food coloring until desired color.
- Preheat Wolf Griddle to 375° and coat lightly with butter or oil. (if you do not have griddle, use large skillet, preheated, medium heat).
- Ladle batter onto griddle for desired pancake size. Cook until bubbles appear on surface and bottoms are golden-about 2minutes.
- Flip and repeat for other side. Cut center out with heart shaped cutter and replace with heart shaped pancake of alternate color.
- Serve with butter, jam and/or maple syrup.