Lemon Jam Cookies
These lemony shortbread cookies, with a vibrant fruit jam are a perfect sweet treat to remind you of summer.
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
YIELD: 24 cookies
- 1/2 cup jam of your choice – we used raspberry
- 1 tablespoon Chambord
- 1 ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 stick of butter, room temperature
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your Wolf Convection Oven to 325° on the Convection Mode.
- Combine the jam, Chambord, and ½ of the lemon zest and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In your Wolf Gourmet Stand Mixer, combine the butter and sugar using the paddle attachment. Cream on medium speed until lighter in color and fluffy.
- Add the egg, lemon juice, vanilla, and remaining lemon zest.
- Slowly add the flour and mix until barely combined. Using your hands, form the dough into a ball. Begin shaping the dough into balls slightly smaller than a tablespoon. A 1 oz cookie dough scoop works perfectly. Then using your thump or a small, floured spoon, make an indent into the center of the cookies and place one inch apart on a sheet tray with parchment paper.
- Spoon about ½ a teaspoon of the jam into the indents of the cookies.
- Place on the center rack of your oven and bake for 18-10 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.