These lemon bars are wonderfully sweet and tart. This recipe also doubles very well and is always a great crowed pleasure that you can share with your friends and family. Bring this to your next gathering and you will be sure to impress!
For the Crust:
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 cup all-purpose flour
For the Filling:
3 eggs at room temperature
1 ½ cups granulated sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 2 lemons
½ all-purpose flour
- Preheat your Wolf oven on Bake Mode at 350F.
- While oven is pre-heating line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper, be sure the parchment paper is long enough to cover the sides draping slightly over edge on all four sides. This will ensure they wont stick and to make it easier to pull the bars out after baking.
- In a stand mixer add sugar, butter, and beat using the paddle attachment until light and fluffy.
- Next add flour and salt and mix until the dough starts forming into a ball. It will still crumble easily.
- Spread the dough evenly onto your prepared baking dish and flatten using a spatula or lightly floured hands.
- Bake the crust for 15-20 minutes, until lightly browned. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To make the filling, whisk together all the filling ingredients. Pour over cooled crust and bake for another 25-30 minutes or until your filling has set. Let it cool at room temperature.
- Transfer to your fridge and let continue cooling for another 15-20 minutes to ensure the inside has set and cooled.
- Once cooled cut into triangles or squares and dust with powdered sugar.