Korean Style Chicken Pineapple Kabobs
There is no better way to celebrate summer than with these Korean inspired chicken pineapple kabobs. The sweet pineapple pairs perfectly with the sweet and spicy chicken. Using your Wolf Outdoor Grill or Wolf Charbroiler these kabobs will surely impress all your guests!
YIELD: 12-15 Large Kabobs
- 1 Asian pear
- 3 tbs sweet chili sauce
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3tbs gojuchang (Siracha will work too)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tbs rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbs hoisin sauce
- 1 6 oz can of pineapple juice
- 12-15 large bamboo skewers
- 4lbs chicken breasts cut into 1’’ cubes
- 1 pineapple peeled and cored then cut into 1’’cubes
- 1 green bell pepper cut into 1’’ cubes
- 1 red bell cut into 1’’ cubes
- 1 red bell pepper cut into 1’’ cubes
- 1 red onion chopped into 1’’ cubes
- ½ bunch scallions sliced for garnish
Method of Preparation
- The first step is to make the marinade/glaze. Put all ingredients for the marinade into your Wolf blender and blend till combined. Once combined separate the marinade into two equal batches one will be for your chicken to marinate in and the other will be used to glaze your kabobs as they cook. Simple as that!
- Marinate the chicken cubes for at least 2 hours. Preferably 24 hours ahead for maximum flavor.
- 20 minutes prior to skewing kabobs or up to four hours soak bamboo skewers in warm water.
- Now we are ready to assemble kabobs. The is no art to this just make sure to alternate all ingredients.
- (If using your outdoor grill skip this step) Pre-Heat charbroiler 15 minutes prior to cooking along with your ventilation. Using your Wolf Charbroiler simply get grill marks on all your kabobs and place on a half sheet tray. Once on the sheet tray glaze with marinade and cook on convection at 345F basting with reserved glaze every 10 minutes until internal temperature reads 165F.
- (If using indoor Wolf Charbroiler skip this step) Turn grill searing area on high and next burner on medium. Sear kabobs on searing area. Once desired grill marks are achieved move to the medium heat area to finish cooking. Keeps glazing until internal temperature reads of chicken reaches 165F.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and enjoy!