This Honey-Spiced Ham with its sweet and savory flavor is great for the holidays, or everyday meals.
- 9-12 lb Spiralized, bone-in ham
- 1/2 cup Orange juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup Honey
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp Five spice
- 1/2 tsp Onion powder
- 1/2 tsp Garlic powder
Method of Preparation
- Preheat oven to Convention mode at 325F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Remove plastic packaging and netting from the ham. Trim away any excess fat, leaving about a 1/4 inch layer. Leave at room temperature for about thirty minutes. *TIP*
- In the meantime, mix the rest of the ingredients in a small bowl using a whisk and set aside for glazing.
- Place the ham on baking sheet and cover with a piece of aluminum foil tightly. Bake for an hour.
- Uncover the ham and increase the temperature to 375F and glaze with the honey mixture and brush every fifteen minutes for about 45 minutes to an hour.
- Let cool for ten minutes and serve warm.
TIP: Score the ham by using a knife to make diagonal cuts about 1-2 inches apart on the surface. Scoring is usually done in diamond pattern to help the ham look more presentable.