By using the Wolf Range, you’re able to transform your ingredients and elevate basic dishes. We took these hazelnut blondies and made them even more delectable by browning the butter and toasting the hazelnuts ahead of making the batter.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 28-30 minutes
YIELD: 9 servings
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups chopped hazelnuts
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your Wolf Range Oven to 350° on the Convection mode.
- In a small pan, begin melting your butter over medium high heat, and allow it to continue to cook until the frothy milk solids have sunk to the bottom of the pan and begins to brown.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Add the hazelnuts to a small pan and toast until golden and aromatic.
- In a bowl, combine the flour, salt, and baking powder.
- Add the cooled butter to a bowl and add the brown sugar and vanilla. Mix until well incorporated. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing until well incorporated.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until mostly combined, then add the hazelnuts and gently fold the mixture until fully combined.
- Add the batter to a 9×9 baking dish lined with parchment paper, or thoroughly greased dish.
- Place on the center rack of your oven and back for 28-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Slice, serve, and enjoy!
Browning your butter develops a nutty flavor that is used often in both sweet and savory applications.