Did you know that there is a Yogurt gourmet mode in the Convection Steam Oven. We couldn’t believe it either! Learning how to make yogurt at home is quite easy because all it takes is just two ingredients.
Serving Size: 4 each (8 oz per serving)
- ½ gallon Whole milk
- 6 tbsp Yogurt with live cultures (*TIP*)
- Heat milk in a saucepot over high heat to 185°F degrees.
- Take saucepot off heat and cool milk down to 115°F degrees.
- Place one cup of heated milk and yogurt in a large bowl and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Place yogurt mixture into saucepot and whisk in with remaining milk. Pour mixture back into 9×13 inch baking dish and cover using plastic wrap.
- Place baking dish in Convection Steam Oven with a perforated tray on rack two.
- Select Gourmet, Yogurt, Set Yogurt, and select Start Operation.
- Remove from oven when completed.
- Using a large bowl, place a fine mesh strainer on edge, and cheese cloth inside strainer.
- Scrap yogurt into cheese cloth and cover entire bowl with plastic wrap.
- Set bowl in Subzero refrigerator for overnight or about 12 hours. When ready, strain yogurt before serving.
(*TIP*) Here are some common total fat yogurt brands that contain live cultures: Fage, Dannon, Chobani, Yoplait, Stonyfield, Siggi.