Gluten-Free Vanilla Yogurt Cake with Blueberry Glaze
Trying to cut out the gluten or do you just really love amazing cake? Finding good gluten-free desserts and baked goods can be a challenge. So, ditch the gluten and swap it out for this rich moist vanilla cake sweetened with a glossy blueberry glaze that will please anyone.
For the cake:
- 1 cup whole milk plain Greek yogurt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- l ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ tsp. baking powder
- 2 vanilla beans, seeds scraped
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
For the blueberry glaze:
- ½ lemon, juice and zest
- 1 cup confectioner’s sugar
- 2 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups blueberries
Method of Preparation
- Preheat your Wolf Convection Steam Oven to Convection Humid mode 325F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan.
- In a stand mixer, beat vegetable oil and sugar, then add eggs, one at a time, beating until smooth.
- Next, add Greek yogurt, vanilla bean seeds, and salt and beat until smooth.
- Add baking powder and flours in 1/2-cup increments, scraping the sides of the mixing bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Beat on medium-low speed until well-combined.
- Pour into your greased cake pan and bake 30 minutes. While baking, make the blueberry glaze. Let cake cool completely before glazing.
- Combine all ingredients for glaze in your Wolf blender and puree one minute.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain puree into medium-sized saucepan to remove any blueberry skins.
- Boil this mixture, then simmer until sugar and cornstarch has dissolved, and a rich, dark, royal purple color is achieved.
- When your cake is cooled, pour the glaze onto the center of the cake, letting it evenly coat the cake on top and sides.
- Let chill in the fridge for the glaze to set. Serve cool or at room temperature.