Fresh, homemade hummus is easy, quick, and delicious. Customizing a simple hummus recipe with flavorful ingredients gives your hummus an interesting twist. The smokiness coming from the charred pepper and chipotle pairs perfectly with the creaminess of the hummus.
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 can chickpeas
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup tahini
- ⅛ cup canned chipotle pepper with sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice, plus zest
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Turn on Wolf Charbroiler and allow to preheat for 15 minutes
- Place bell pepper on charbroiler and allow to char on all sides entire pepper is blacked.
- Remove pepper and immediately place in pyrex container with a fitted lid. Allow condensation to form for 15 minutes to loosen the skin of the pepper.
- Gently peel off charred skin, scraping with the back of a knife if necessary. Remove inner seeds.
- Place bell pepper and remaining ingredients into Wolf Gourmet Blender. Blend on low speed for 30 seconds or until fully combined and bring speed up to high for 10 seconds to obtain a smooth, creamy texture. Add extra lime/lemon juice, oil, or water if preferred. Best garnished with cilantro. Enjoy!