Easy Chicken Enchiladas in Red Sauce
Skip all the fillers and sodium in that premade canned enchilada sauce and make your own in under 15 minutes!
PREP TIME: 20mins
COOK TIME: 25mins
YIELD: 4 servings
1/4 cup avocado oil or vegetable oil
2 tablespoons AP flour
1/4 cup chili powder
1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
1 1/2 cup chicken stock.
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon oregano
Salt and pepper to taste
1 package of corn tortillas
2 cups shredded chicken
1 cup Mexican Mix Cheese
Method of Preparation
1. Pre-heat your oven E or M-series oven to Convection 325F.
2. In a medium pot on medium heat on your Wolf Cooktop or Range heat oil and add flour. Whisk this mixture until its bubbling and fully combined.
3. Next, add chicken stock and tomato sauce. Whisk and bring to a light boil then reduce to simmer.
4. Add the rest of the sauce indigents and whisk until thickened and combined.
5. Once sauce is finished dip tortillas in the sauce to make pliable.
6. Add cheese and chicken roll them up placing into a greased 11×7 pan with half a cup of the enchilada sauce on bottom.
7. Continue doing this with your tortillas until your pan is full. From there you will pour the excess sauce over your enchiladas. Sprinkle the top with more cheese
8. Place in oven for 25-30 minutes.