Delight your taste buds with these fluffy and decadent baked cake donuts. The Oreo crumble topping will have you craving a tall cold glass of milk!
Prep Time: 12 minutes
Cook Time: 13- 15 minutes
Yield: 16 medium sized donuts
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup cocoa
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons canola
- 1/2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 oz softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 4-5 centers from Oreo cookies (cookies will be used for topping)
- Preheat your M-Series oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit on Convection Mode.
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa so no clumps remain. In a separate bowl stir together the buttermilk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. Combine the wet ingredients in with the dry and stir until combined.
- Slightly spray a donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Fill with the batter. Bake at 325°F for 13-14 minutes. Allow to cool in the pan for a few minutes before removing to a cooling rack.
- In the meantime, whisk together all the glaze ingredients in a pot over low to medium heat. You will want your cream cheese to be very soft so that your glaze will be smooth without big clumps of cream cheese. Taste and add more powdered sugar if you like.
- Chop up the remaining cookies for the tops of the donuts and sprinkle tops.
- Canola oil can be substituted for vegetable oil.
- White distilled vinegar can be substituted if apple cider vinegar is unavailable.
- If your glaze seems too thick, slowly incorporate 1 teaspoon milk into the mixture to start.
- If you would like your topping to be a little sweeter, incorporate full Oreo cookies in with the outside crumbles and chop up all together.