Spring is just around the corner! Enjoy this light and fluffy pineapple cake with a luxurious cream cheese frosting to welcome Spring and warm weather.
Prep Time: 1 Hour
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
Yields: 16 Servings
10 Egg Whites
1 Cup Crushed Pineapple (strained)
1 Cup Pineapple Juice
3 Cups Flour
5 tsp Baking Powder
2 ½ Cups Sugar
½ Cup Butter (melted)
¼ Cup Shredded Coconut
2 tsp Vanilla Extract
16 oz Cream Cheese
1 Cup Butter
¼ Cup Milk
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Tbs Pineapple Juice
1 Cup Shredded Coconut (to mix)
2 Cups Shredded Coconut (to coat)
Method of Preparation:
- Preheat your Wolf M-Series Oven to 325°F on the Convection mode.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites and 2 cups of the sugar until mixture is thickened. Add the melted butter, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract. Stir until combined.
- Combine the flour and baking powder together, then add to the egg mixture one cup at a time, waiting for the flour to be fully incorporated each time before adding more.
- While whisking on high, add the remaining sugar one table spoon at a time and let batter continue to mix on high for 3 minutes
- Thoroughly grease and flour 3 cake pans and evenly distribute the batter between them. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until a toothpick can be inserted and removed cleanly.
- For the frosting, combine the cream cheese and butter in a large mixing bowl. Add the milk, pineapple juice, and vanilla extract. Once combined, add the powdered sugar in 2 separate batches them add the shredded coconut.
- Once the cakes are baked, let them cool completely then level them but gently cutting off any dome that formed during baking. Layer the coconut frosting between each layer, then over the top and sides of the cake. Then gently press the shredded coconut against the frosting.
- Serve and enjoy!
To make the garnish seen in the photo, thinly slice a pineapple and remove the outer edges. Place them on the cups of an upside-down cupcake tray and bake at 300° for 30 minutes.