Mussels are quick, fast, easy to cook and did we mention delicious?! This recipe is great served over rice or noodles as an entrée or with some crusty bread as an appetizer.
Yields: 2 servings
- 2 pounds of mussels, de-bearded and thoroughly rinsed
- 4 cloves of garlic thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 medium-sized red onion, julienned
- 1 tbsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup cream of coconut
- 2 tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 4 scallions sliced on a bias
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- In a large pot over high heat, sauté pepper, onion, and garlic in olive oil until translucent.
- Next, add curry powder and crushed red pepper and sauté for another minute.
- Add rinsed mussels with white wine and stir.
- Once mussels and wine are incorporated, add cream of coconut and heavy cream and cover with tight fitting lid for 2-5 minutes until mussels open.
- Garnish with cilantro and scallions and enjoy!