Classic Cheese Fondue
This appetizer is quick, easy, and can feed a crowd! Impress your friends and family with this classic dish that’s done in under 30 minutes! Use this recipe as a base and switch out the white wine for beer and swiss with cheddar cheese to have a different variation of the dish.
PREP TIME: 15 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
Dipping Ingredients of your choice
Bread, Carrots, Asparagus, Bell Peppers etc.…
1 Garlic Clove cut in half
4 cups Gruyere Cheese grated
4 cups of grated Swiss cheese
2 cups of dry white wine
2 tbs Cornstarch
2 tbs Water
¼ Ground Nutmeg
½ Lemon, juiced
Salt and Pepper to taste
Method of Preparation
- Turn you Wolf Cooktop or Range to medium high heat and bring wine to boil in a heavy bottomed pan or Dutch oven.
- Mix water and cornstarch together in a separate bowl to make a slurry.
- Add slurry to boiling wine while continuously whisking to prevent clumping.
- In small increments add cheese making sure cheese is melted before adding more. Continue this process until all the cheese is added.
- Add lemon juice, nutmeg, and season with salt and pepper and enjoy!