Citrus Loaf Cake
This loaf cake is simply delicious and can be customized with any citrus fruit you have on hand! We used blood oranges for their bold, tart flavor and for the pop of color. This citrus cake can be enjoyed any time of day, it’s a perfect addition to your breakfast or even a sweet treat at the end of the day.
PREP TIME: 20 minutes
COOK TIME: 30-45 minutes
YIELD: 2 small loaves or 1 large loaf
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup fresh citrus juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh citrus zest
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cup powder sugar sifted
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method of Preparation
1. Preheat your Wolf Convection Oven to 325° on the Convection Mode. Grease your loaf pans.
2. In your Wolf Gourmet Stand Mixer, cream the butter and sugar with the paddle attachment until well combined and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
3. Add the eggs and mix to combine. Add the sour cream, milk, citrus zest, and citrus juice. Mix until well combined.
4. Combine the flour, salt, and baking powder, then add to the wet mixture. Mix until fully combined.
5. Add the mixture to your loaf pans and place on the center rack of your oven. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when poked into the center of the cake.
6. While the cake is baking, whisk to combine the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
7. When the cake is finished baking, let it cool for 15-30 minutes before removing it from the pan. Pour the icing overtop, slice, serve, and enjoy!