Cinnamon Swirl Bread
This Cinnamon Swirl Bread is a fool proof recipe that allows your Wolf Steam Oven to do all the work! This bread is best enjoyed warm with softened butter, adding a delicious twist to French toast!
PREP TIME: 25 minutes
COOK TIME: 40 minutes
YIELD: 1 loaf, 16 servings
For the Dough:
2 ½ tsp instant yeast
1 cup warm water
3 cups All-Purpose flour
1 ¼ tsp salt
3 tbs granulated sugar
6 tbs unsalted butter, softened
¼ cup dry milk
½ cup cornstarch
For the Filling:
¼ cup granulated sugar
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp All-Purpose flour
1 large egg, beaten with 1 tbs water
Method of Preparation
1. Combine all ingredients together in the bowl of a stand mixer with the dough hook attached. Mix and knead everything together. Mix until the dough becomes smooth and is no longer sticking to the bottom of your bowl. This may take additional flour if the dough is too wet, and water if the dough is too dry. This kneading process should take about 7-9 minutes.
2. Place the dough in a greased bowl. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and allow dough to rest and rise at room temperature for 1 hour. Give it enough time to nearly double in size, it may take a bit longer than 1 hour.
3. While your dough is rising, whisk together the sugar, flour and cinnamon for your filling.
4. Transfer the dough to a greased work surface and roll it out into a rectangle. The dough should be about ½ – 1 inch thick.
5. Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle the sugar mixture on top evenly.
6. Roll the dough into a log, starting with the short end.
7. Transfer the log to a lightly greased loaf pan, making sure the seam-side is down. This works best in a 8 ½” x 4 1/2” pan. Cover the pan loosely with plastic wrap.
8. Allow the bread to rise again at room temperature until the bread is just above the rim of the pan. This should take about 1 hour.
9. Using your Wolf Steam Oven, place your risen dough in the oven. Go to Gourmet, select Baked Goods, then select Bread. Choose Auto-Steam Bake at 400 degrees F. We want this bread to have a light and subtle crust, so select Light Browned. This will take about 40 minutes.
10. Remove bread from the oven and place it on a rack. When it has cooled, loosen the edges and turn the pan upside down to release your loaf. Slice and enjoy!