This is your traditional Italian Shrimp Scampi, but with an extra twist! The addition of cilantro and lime adds a great zing that will be sure to wake up your taste buds.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1-pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 lime
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8 oz angel hair pasta or the pasta of your choice
- In a large pot of boiling water cook angel hair (or spaghetti) pasta according to directions.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add shrimp, salt and pepper, garlic salt. Cook, stirring occasionally until the shrimp turns pink. About 2-4 minutes.
- Stir in lime juice and chicken or vegetable broth. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in fresh cilantro and red pepper flakes.
- Toss with angel hair pasta and garnish with more cilantro and lime. Serve immediately.
- You can substitute the pasta in this recipe with your favorite kind of rice!
- Coconut oil can be a great alternative to using butter in this recipe.
- If you have shrimp that is already cooked; at step one, separate tails from shrimp and simmer those in instructed amount of the butter to infuse the taste of shrimp into the base.
- If you enjoy a spicy kick, you can add extra red pepper flakes.