Chorizo and Cheese Quesadillas
Quesadillas are easy, fast to make and are a crowd pleaser. Often served as an appetizer or a simple lunch, they can also make for a quick dinner served alongside a green salad. The Wolf Griddle provides the even and precise temperature to insure a crispy, evenly browed quesadilla. Our version has a spicy Mexican chorizo filling that gives it a kick! Help celebrate National Quesadilla Day (September 25, 2020) with this quick and easy meal!
PREP TIME: 10 minutes
COOK TIME: 14 minutes
YIELD: 2 Servings
- 8 - ounces Mexican chorizo- links or ground
- 1 - tablespoon canola or grapeseed oil (do not use olive oil as it will begin to smoke)
- 1 - cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- 2 - tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- 4 - 10-inch flour tortillas
Method of Preparation
- If using links, remove the meat from the casing.
- In a small sauté pan on medium high, heat the oil and add chorizo. While the chorizo is cooking, use a wooden spoon to break it into small pieces.
- Once fully cooked, remove the chorizo and place it on folded paper towels to remove the excess grease.
- Preheat your Wolf Griddle to 325F for at least 15 minutes.
- Place two tortillas on the griddle. Top each with ½ cup of cheese and 4 ounces of chorizo. Sprinkle with cilantro if using.
- Top with the remaining tortillas.
- Cook for about 5 minutes a side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove quesadillas from the griddle and serve.