Children can help bake and make these delicious, simple ice cream desserts. These cookies are soft and chewy to prevent hardening in the freezer with vanilla ice cream or gelato in the center.
Servings: 12 each (1.5 tablespoon measurement for each cookie prior to baking)
- ¾ cup Light brown sugar, packed
- ¼ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Butter, unsalted at room temperature
- 1 ea. Egg, large
- 1 ½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 2 cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 1 ¾ tsp Cornstarch
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 ½ cup Semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups Mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, garnishing
- 32 oz Vanilla ice cream or vanilla gelato
- In a medium sized bowl, mix flour, baking soda, cornstarch, and salt. In a large mixing bowl fitted with a paddle attachment, beat both sugars and butter on medium low speed until light and fluffy. Scrap the sides of mixing bowl using a rubber spatula.
- Add egg and vanilla and mix until smooth. Repeat scraping the sides of mixing bowl.
- In three increments, add flour mixture to mixing bowl on low speed until fully incorporated.
- Mix in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours in your Sub-Zero
- Preheat oven to 325F on Convection mode and line two sheet trays with parchment paper.
- Prior to rolling cookie dough, let sit at room temperature for about twenty minutes.
- Using your hands, roll cookie dough into 1.5 tablespoon balls and place on sheet trays.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes or until lightly brown on edges. Let cool on cooling rack.
- For each ice cream sandwich, place one scoop of vanilla ice cream or gelato in between two cookies. Gently press two cookies together; ice cream or gelato should spread to edges of cookies. Using the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips, roll each sandwich edge into chocolate chips.
- Eat immediately or save for later by freezing in an air-tight container.