Cherry tomatoes are a main highlight of summer – small bursts of fresh, bright flavor. This savory tart is almost too beautiful to eat but delicious to share with others.
Serving Size: 6-8 each
- ½ pkg (1 sheet) Puff pastry
- 25 each Cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 5 oz Ricotta
- 5 oz Mascarpone, softened
- ¼ cup Parmesan, finely grated parmesan
- 2 tsp Thyme, minced
- 2 tsp Chives, minced
- To taste Salt and pepper
- 1 each Egg, large
- ½ tsp Water
- Preheat oven to set temperature on Convection Bake mode (375°F).
- Unroll one sheet of puff pastry from package. Fit dough into a 9-inch removable-bottom tart pan. Prick bottom using a fork.
- Place a 13-inch piece of parchment paper over dough; fill with pie weights or dried beans.
- Bake tart shell for about twenty minutes. Remove parchment and pie weights. Bake for another 5-7 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside on cooling rack.
- Using multiple paper towels on a baking sheet, dry cherry tomato halves and sprinkle lightly with salt.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for egg and water in a medium-sized bowl. Spread in bottom of cooled tart shell. Using hands, pat cherry tomato halves over filling, with flat seeded side visible.
- Make an egg wash by whisking water and egg until combined. Brush on edges of tart shell.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Cool for 20-30 minutes. Using a paper towel, dry out any excess tomato juices by dapping the top of filling.
- Remove from tart pan and serve with fresh basil leaves for garnish.